Sunday, January 12, 2014

How Long Has it Been Happy New Year !!!!!

 

Here it is, already a couple of weeks into 2014.  I’m still busy trying to catch up on my hours in the activity office and doing all the physical therapy that I need to do.  In comparison to my recovery from my shoulder replacement, this recovery is much harder.  Some of the exercises are the same, but harder, probably because of type of injury.  One of my therapists said that this one will take a long while time to recover from.  It doesn’t help that there is an issue with a nerve that effects my thumb and two fingers.  I think that if that wasn’t an issue it would be a bit easier.  Even using the computer is a bit difficult.  There was a New Year’s Eve Dance where it was an “All Hands On Deck”, meaning that everyone in activities had to work.  I spent the morning working and then came back to work the dinner/dance.  My position was at one of the beverage bars.

                         IMG_0425

                               Jody, Gary, Kerry, me and Jim

Here we are posing with Kerry, one of the managers.  The theme was Asian.

IMG_0390  IMG_0388 IMG_0387 IMG_0427

                             IMG_0392

                                  Me and Diana, the Activities Director

This past week or so I have been able to pick up a few more hours, some of them learning a new program on the computer.  Diana trained me on “Publisher”.  Charlie has been swamped with creating flyers and signs.  Last Friday I learned how to create and print table toppers to number the tables for the next dinner/dance.

 IMG_0430 This is my first flyer.  Using the program is fun and more up to using my talents.

It has been quite chilly here this past week, nothing like the rest of the country, but still too cold for me.  I am glad that it is getting a bit warmer and will be glad when winter is over.  I hope that you all have a wonderful New Year and stay warm.

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0192 I’m trying to keep warm too.

Susan and Angel

1 comment:

  1. Angel looks so sweet all curled up there! I used Publisher quite a bit when I was working and had a blast with it. Haven't had a new version for years but it was fun at the time. Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete