Sunday, October 5, 2014

“Best Laid Plans………” Have Changed

                             IMG_0991 

                     This morning’s sky during my early round of the park.

Last Sunday Ted came to bring me my new I Phone 6 + and get it all set up.  Then on Monday we drove to Toro Park to get more information about my assignment there.  We spoke with the current volunteers to see what their duties were.  I wanted to make sure that I would be able to do the job with my arm in a sling after surgery.  I didn’t see any problems,  I still left a note for the ranger to call me.          

 IMG_0960IMG_0962 IMG_0963 

Going back down the mountain with a view of Santa Clara Valley and San Jose.               That’s Angel hanging on with her claws while we went around those hairpin turns. 

                              IMG_0964

   Destination:  Toro Park, Monterey County between Salinas and Monterey.

After leaving the park we headed north towards Santa Cruz.  I wanted to check out an RV park that has extended stay sites for next Spring.  It was just outside of Santa Cruz and is a small park that is very rustic.

We stopped for coffee at Verve and then headed back to San Jose.  We needed to get more dog food for Angel at Pet Smart and a case for my new phone at Best Buy before going home.  Ted had to leave fairly early in order to beat the rush hour traffic to San Francisco. 

Since I didn’t work at all on Monday, I worked Tuesday instead.  Later in the day I got a message from the ranger at Toro Park telling me that they would not be needing my services.  I think that it probably had to do with me having surgery and that they didn’t feel that I would be able to do the job.  Anyway whatever the reason, those plans have changed and I may be finding an extended stay RV Park instead of a workamping position.  At least that’s what I’m working on now.  Surgery is still scheduled for 10/23.

So for now it’s back to work..  I’m still looking on leaving here in 2 or 3 weeks, depending on when I find out where I will be going.

IMG_0971  IMG_0972  IMG_0973  IMG_0974

Lately I have been helping Lisa, the senior park ranger, with the visitor center that she wants to create in the near (?) future.  Sacking curtain rods we hung the curtains with rope.  We liked the effect.  We to clean and de-web the whole building to get it ready for a tour with the people that control the $$$$.

             The pictures below are of the Star Party last Saturday.

IMG_3446 IMG_3445

This is one of Ron, the Historian and the nest is of campers looking through one of the big telescopes.  I took the picture of the moon with my phone through the telescope.

                                            IMG_0936

I finally got a picture of a bird at my make-shift bird bath.  The squirrels use it too.

                                IMG_0984 

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0943

Susan and Angel

7 comments:

  1. Sorry the workcamping position fell through. Maybe you do need to just take is easy after this surgery and let everything heal for a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's for the best that you take it easy for a while after surgery. Is it possible for you to find a job in a visitors' center? I think if I was still looking for work that would be the sort of thing I'd like to do, rather than camp hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why I applied here. I thought that there was a VC , but they consider the Ranch House as the VC, although there is nothing to sell or take home with you as a reminder of your visit. That is what Lisa is working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that fell through. We'd take it in a heartbeat if we weren't committed to Coyote. I'm flying home on the 20th. My Mom's house sold this weekend, so there's a rush to get things done in 2 weeks! We'll keep in touch while we're at Coyote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. I am still trying to stay in the area.

      Delete
  5. Mom..... I agree.... Take time to HEAL!

    ReplyDelete