Friday, May 31, 2013

Celebration and Ditto

Here I am doing the same old things to get through the days until I can get back to normal.  Next Tuesday I will have my 6 week check up.  Sometimes it is hard to believe that it has been that long, however, when I really think about it, it has been an eternity.  I am ready to be doing and going and looking forward to my next work assignment.  I still don’t know where it will be, here in Texas or maybe even Arizona for the winter.

                                   IMG_0008

As for this past week, most of it was the same boring use of time.  However last Sunday, Sandi and I went to a celebration of life and remission for Abigail.  It was a wonderful meeting of friends, family and supporter of a nine year old girl who is now in remission.   She is free of cancer.  Last Sunday it was 23 days.  !!!!!!  We all thank the Lord and pray that it will remain gone forever.

 IMG_0007IMG_0009

                                          Abi and friends and family.

Abi has always has a smile and when asked what she would say to encourage others going through a challenge. she replied “When life gets hard, be strong in the Lord and never give up.”  She is well grounded and very happy.  We are all proud of her too.

Then this past week I had the last 2 of my visits from Michelle my home health OT.  Every thing has gone according to expectations.  We wait to find out if I can do active exercises and then we will have to schedule Out Patient Therapy.  The sooner I get started the sooner I will back to normal.

I hope that you all are having a wonderful week.

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0013  helping Mom read a book.

Susan and Angel

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going along according to plan. Not any fun to be laid up for so long. But it's worth it. That is great news about Abi. We love hearing those words cancer free. And Angel knows that you don't know how to read that book unless she helps.

    ReplyDelete