Thursday, July 25, 2013

A/C Revisited, Three Month Follow Up


After Laszlo left last week, we thought that the problem had been fixed, however, since the sound was intermittent and not happening when he was here, he had to return on Monday.  I let him know on Thursday so that he could get it approved through insurance and order the new motor.  

IMG_0058   IMG_0064

            Laszlo and his helper                                 The offending motor

Since my deductable is $100.00, I just paid him the remaining $75.00.  Now I have A/C in the front and back of “My Spot II”.  YEA!!!     While here he checked my batteries, suggested that I get the tire covers soon and suggested things that I would need to have done before I leave in October.

After Physical therapy later in the day, we had to get some distilled water for those batteries and my grandson, Charlie filled them for me when they brought me home.  Thanks Charlie.

Tuesday was a busy day.  I had my 3 month checkup with Dr. Milne.  Everything is a GO.  I will continue PT once a week for 4 weeks just to build up my strength.  He said that I just need to use my arm as I would normally and continue exercises at home.  I am now cleared to drive a MH and even a 5 speed to tow if I want to get one. 

From there we went to pick up my granddaughter, Mary, as we all had appointments at the dentist.  Before the dentist, Sandi took me to a meeting at Inventhelp to see if an idea that I have could be a viable product and to see what it would cost to pursue the idea.  It may be, however it would cost to much for me to do it right now.  I may just go back to work part time in addition to Workamping in the Fall to afford to pursue it.  When we were through, we headed to the dentist.  I will have to return in a week or so.

Normally when I leave Angel, I’m gone for only a couple of hours, but this time I was gone from 8:30 am until about 4:30 pm.  It has been quite a while since I have left her that long, but she did just fine and of course, she was happy to see me when I got home.  She will have to get used to it once I get back to Workamping.

We are now back to our current routine. I still have another 3 months before I will be able to be cleared by the doctor.  He says that after a shoulder replacement, it usually take 9 months before I will  be back to my maximum potential.  In the meantime, I will have to concentrate on trying to continue purging.  There is a difference in what you need or use when you are in a 5th wheel or a MH.  I still have too much stored inside that can possibly be stored in outside compartments.  It would be a lot easier to pack up and go with little preparation once I get this done. 

I hope that you all are having a great summer and staying cool.

Thanks for visiting


Susan and Angel


  1. Susan,
    Good to hear things are moving forward for you and you are taking care of yourself and My Spot.

    Hugs to you and Angel.

    Susan A.

  2. Second Susan's comment. Glad to hear you have good A/C, it's been hot almost everywhere in Texas. It is quiet here as the grandkids left Saturday. My DIL will be here on Saturday so Steve will head over to his house then. He and Dave are getting in some motorcycle rides now. It is always really hard when the kids leave so we are keeping each other busy.