Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Just Checking In

                               IMG_0329

It has been two weeks since the big TRIP.  I’m doing as well as can be expected.  I will see  Doctor Tani on Friday and I am hoping to get released for light duty.  I can only do passive exercises for now, but maybe he will let me do more.

To catch up on what I’ve been doing, I am trying to be a bit active.  Sometimes it is difficult.  I try to walk up to the clubhouse most days.  There is usually something going on.  Saturday and Sunday each of my daughter took turns taking me shopping for Thanksgiving dinner.

The Saturday after I fell, fellow bloggers, Sandy and Jim, invited me to go out for dinner and to attend a Neil Diamond Tribute. 

 IMG_0311IMG_0313

That’s their friend Rod on the left, then Jim, Sandy and me at the Texas Roadhouse. The dinner, company and show was great.  A big, belated THANK YOU to Sandy, Jim and Rod too.

Here’s a picture of some shufflers on the Shuffle Board Court that I took while waiting for the Post Office to open.

                           IMG_0314

For the Holiday I reserved a room in the clubhouse for our family dinner.

                                IMG_0317

There were eleven of us.  We had all the traditional dishes as well as few new ones that I tried, corn soufflé, candied carrots with balsamic vinegar, and roasted Brussell sprouts and red grapes.  Every one liked them all and I sent all the leftovers home with whomever wanted them.  A great time was had by all, even though we missed having Sandi, Mary, Charlie (in Ft. Worth) and Ted (in San Francisco). 

Later in the week my brother, Don and SIL, Pat came over for a visit.  They will be here in AZ for the winter.

                                IMG_0327

This is their first year as snowbirds.  Their home is in Sitka AK.  Don’s daughter, Pam and son, Dan, both live here in Valley.  I’m sure that we will see more of each other while here.

I think that I will close for now.  It has taken quite a while to write this post, one keystroke at time, so please forgive the length of time between posts.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that the rest of the Holidays are happy as well.

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0321 I’m taking good care of Mom

Susan and Angel

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. We seem to have been so busy and yet really haven't been doing all that much. Sure hope all goes good at the doctor and he lets you start doing more. Nice to have all the family around and close by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Hope everything goes well at the doctor. Take care.

    ReplyDelete