Friday, November 22, 2013

More T&C Set Up and Take Down /// Had A Nice Trip

 

I finished the week and had  uneventful weekend,  On Monday I worked 7 hours setting up tables and chairs, decorating the tables for the monthly Birthday Luncheon with lots of balloons.

IMG_0289

                                                                IMG_0291

        The special tables were for the Young A Heart Club, those that are 90 or older.

In the afternoon I took Angel  dog park.

IMG_0287 There were too many dogs and was happy when we left. 

We still had to take down tables and chairs from the luncheon and set them up for Coffee and Donut for Tuesday morning.

Then there was Tuesday!!!!!!!!    I was on my way to the clubhouse and -------------------------

                             IMG_0300

Yep,” I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”,   I tripped on some uneven pavement and fell with enough force on my left shoulder to separate the long part of the bone from the round part of the bone,  Fortunately it was only a few minutes before someone came to help,  Toni, an retired RN kept me stable until the paramedics got there,  I was taken by ambulance to ER,  I called my daughters that live here in the valley and they both came to keep me company and wait to see what the prognosis was,

Now for the     TMI.    If you don’t want the gory details you can stop reading.

IMG_0302 Before

The bone is a full inch away from where it should be.  I couldn’t have done a better job of breaking the Humerus if I tried. 

They waited for the orthopedic doctor to look at the x-rays.  The decision was made to keep me overnight and that night I would have to have surgery.

                                                                   AfterIMG_0299

That’s a titanium rod and screws holding the bone together and the incision is glued together so that I can shower. 

I’m doing fairly well considering.

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0288 I can’t wait to get home to Mommy, although Brother Chris has been a great substitute.

Susan and Angel

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your fall. Glad you feel good enough to blog. And looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your fall and what you are having to go through. I have noticed in the past year that I am much more afraid of falling. You must have really taken a tumble. Good luck on the surgery and recuperation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nasty break! I'm so sorry for you and praying you will heal quickly with no complications!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good heavens Susan. Is this the same shoulder you had surgery on this year? Got your phone message...it never rang. Sent email to wrong Susan as I knew you couldn't come. Take care GF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Susan! I was be-bopping over to with you a Happy Thanksgiving, and couldn't believe it when I read this. I'm so glad you're daughters are there. Love and hugZ, and a speedy recovery to you! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief! I'm finally catching up on my blog reading. I hate to be behind because I miss blogs like this - and I'm pretty late saying I'm so sorry and hope you have a swift recovery. I'll be looking forward to updates. Take care of yourself, and I hope that by now you are feeling lots better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about being behind on blog reading...I thought I was doing pretty well, but completely missed this blog.

    Sooooo sorry to hear about your fall. That was one nasty tumble. I'm glad someone found you quickly and help was soon on the way.

    Our thoughts are with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you got my comment...it just disappeared.

    ReplyDelete