Saturday, November 1, 2014

Getting Settled In

                                   IMG_1026

Well, here is my site.  It is quite small, but that will be okay once they get the shed at the back removed.  To the right, looking at my rig is the road up the hill to the office and to the left on the other side of those tall bushes is the road towards the entrance.  The whole park is wooded and at the front you cross a bridge over a creek.  Some of the sites are right beside the creek and of course are more expensive.

IMG_1029 IMG_1033

Just on the other side of the bushes, is the restrooms and showers with a bit of activity at any time, however it is mostly in the evenings.  The majority of the residents seem to be still working.  I’ve only met a few and they seem to be very nice.

                                IMG_1028

Since my surgery, I have ventured out to see what I can see.  I’ve been down to the beach several times, just checking out the surfers and points of interest.

IMG_3472 IMG_3475

Angel likes to check out the birds, other dogs and the people.  She sits on a bench and and calmly checks it all out.

                                 IMG_3478

At different points along the coast there are informational signs like the one below.

                                   IMG_3479

These surfers are out having fun catching the waves.  I can’t imagine how they do this in the winter.

IMG_3489 IMG_3488

Below are some pictures of some points of interest along the coast, lighthouse, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, sailboat near the Wharf and another part of the Boardwalk.

IMG_3491 IMG_3497 IMG_3500 IMG_3513

While on the wharf these seagulls just posed for me.

IMG_3508 IMG_3511

Farther north from the wharf are some interesting rock formations.  On the rock on the left are all kinds of sea birds resting for the night.  I waited a while for the sunset, however, since I’m not that familiar with the area to be driving around in the dark, I left just before dark.

IMG_3521 IMG_3522

This guy sat there for a long time, I guess just meditating.

                               IMG_3514

This was the last picture of the sunset, nothing unusual..

                                IMG_3529

This past week has been quite different from being up on the hill.  I’m still trying to get used to the climate.  It has been rather chilly in the mornings and I tend to stay under covers until late morning when the sun comes over the trees and begins to warm things up a bit.  I have been out and about doing errands.  One of which was to find a VSP eye doctor here in Santa Cruz.  I had thought that I would have to go as far as Los Gatos.  So, I have got that annual exam out of the way before the end of the year.  I have ordered contacts and computer glasses and I should get them delivered sometime next week.  Today I decided to find a Beauty School to get my hair washed and blow dried, since it’s not that easy with my arm still in a sling.

I will be getting the stitches removed next Wednesday.  Ted will be coming to drive me to the doctor’s office and then help me do my laundry.  I want to get all the big stuff, like blankets and such, done, since they don’t fit in my W/D.  I’m so glad that Ted was able to adjust his schedule.  Thank You Ted!

I hope that you all  are keeping warm and dry.  (It has been raining off and on today.)

Thanks for visiting

IMG_1021

Susan and Angel

5 comments:

  1. I used to really enjoy Santa Cruz back in the 1980's; now I wouldn't want to face the traffic to drive there, although I did drive to Monterey a couple of years back when my son & his family lived there. I hope you continue to do well after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drive south on 17 isn't bad now, 4 lanes all the way. Even rush hour wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are all settled in there. I'm back in KY working at Amazon until Christmas. We'll be back in CA January 5th until April or May. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are recovering well and enjoying your new location. Wish you could be to join our Pink FlaminGoes GTG this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that you are on your way to healing. Sure is nice to have a son that is such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete