Friday, March 6, 2020

I've Moved Again, This Time It's Permanent




Yes, it's permanent!

I have taken myself off the road.  I bought a house in Henryetta, Oklahoma.  I am now closer to most of my family.  My oldest daughter and her family live across the street.  My grandson and his wife live about 10 minutes away.  My second daughter is still in Ft Worth TX, about 3 1/2 hours away.  Her kids are near to her.  My son is about 2 1/2 hours away in Bentonville AR.  He and his fiancé will be tying the knot on 1-2-21.  That leaves my youngest daughter still in AZ.  Her kids are grown and out of the house except her youngest who will be graduating high school this year.  The oldest is in CA and son in the army.  She too is thinking of moving this way later this year or next.

This is "My Spot III"

 

"My Spot II" is up for sale.






I thought tat I would give you a tour.  I have 3 bedrooms, dining room, galley kitchen, living room, one bathroom and a deck out back.  all the rooms are small or should I say tiny.  It's all less than, I think, 900 sq ft.


View from the front door into the dining room out to the deck through French doors.




View to the right in living room towards the 3rd bedroom which I am using as an art studio.



The chairs are leather vintage recliners picked up at a flea market and the end tables from a thrift store,  The lights are new and I now have walls where I can hang my paintings.


This is kitchen towards the laundry room and back door.



The kitchen is small, but it is very workable.  It has lots of storage and everything is just an arm's reach away, a huge refrigerator, a gas stove, a dishwasher and a shelf that is perfect for my microwave and convection ovens.


I have taken the back bedroom and have left the front bedroom for my sister who is still in Phoenix and will be moving in with me later this year.


I did have to buy the bed frame, but the dresser was given to me when I got the chairs.  Curtains were in the RV as was the mattress.

 


The bathroom  is small, but light and airy.  The window is made of glass blocks.



This is the hall, bathroom door and my bedroom door.  On the wall to the right (out of sight) I put up a coat rack.  To the left of the paintings is a linen closet and to it's left the door to the other bedroom.



The other bedroom waiting for occupancy.



This is the studio.  I'm afraid that it looks like a storage room.  Well I guess it is, but it is organized enough that I can work in it.  At some time in the future I want to build storage shelves and drawers.  I will have to design exactly what I need.  It's a work in progress.

 


This is the other side of the living room, the desk was also a freebie.  I will also be getting a loveseat to complete the furniture accumulations


The table I got through an online  garage sale here in town.  The chairs are from a thrift store. One of the seats was broken, so I repaired it and recovered all the seats.



This is the back deck and as you can see the yard is huge.  There are a lot of things that I would like to do out there, but it will take time and money, so it won't happen any time soon.



All in all with-in about two weeks I was able to furnish this little house for less than $200..

I find that this house is the perfect size for me and Angel.  She seems to be as happy as I am.  As before I have a lot of time on my hands, so I am searching for a part time job.  It will bring in  extra money, but most important I will be able to meet new people and become active in the community.

I might even post more often to keep my friends and family up to date on any changes that I make to MY SPOT.


Thanks for visiting 
Susan 
and 
Angel




Dreaming about having  my new home and yard.








2 comments:

  1. Sooner or later we all have to come off the road for some reason or another. Your house looks wonderful and you have made it a Home.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you as a suggestion from Bloglovin' so I thought I would pop in! I like your house! Looks cozy and I hope by now you have settled in!

    ReplyDelete