Monday, March 21, 2011

Visitors, Errands and Planting

 

Thursday I left work early to pick up friends from Georgia.  They would be spending the night and flying back to Atlanta on Friday morning.  I hadn’t seen Jack for quite a long time, although Mary has been to visit every few years.  It was great to visit with them.  I brought them home so that they could rest before we went out to dinner at the Olive Garden in Citrus Heights.  Jack and I shared the Chicken Scampi and Mary had the Eggplant Parmesan.  We all enjoyed our meals.  I still think that the salad and bread sticks are great.  I was able to bring some home for another meal later.  When we got home I made some peach/pineapple sorbet for our dessert.   I have a Vita Mix, so it was so easy and quick and very good.

                                    IMG_0085 

We caught up on what we all have been doing.  Jack is still recovering for heart surgery and doing well.  Mary is in the process of setting up a trip to Ireland and Scotland in June for her and Jack and several other people.  I wish that I would be able to go.  I really liked Scotland and would love to go to Ireland.  I’m sure that they will all have a wonderful trip.

Friday morning I made a big omelet to share, toast/bagels, and coffee for breakfast.  We then got moving so that we could get them to the airport by 9:30.   Mary called to let me know when they got to the gate and when the got home (a half hour early).  They evidently had a tail wind.  

On the way home I had some business to take care of at my lawyer’s office and ran a few errands.   What those errand were, I don’t even remember now. 

Saturday I went to Costco to see if I could find a Fireproof Lock Box for keeping important papers and such that I will be able to take when I get out on the road.  I’m afraid that they didn’t have one there, (only regular safes), but I will have to order it on line when I’m ready to get one.  I didn’t get out of there without buying something. (fat chance that will ever happen)  I bought some Spring bulbs and planted them when I got home.  I sure hope that will brighten up the patio.  I now have to fix the gazebo.  What with the high winds that we had, some of the framework  came apart.

Later in the evening I went to our annual Saint Patrick’s Day (plus 2)  Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner at church.  Our men’s group puts this on as a fund raiser.

Then on Sunday there was church and afterwards I went home and rearranged the bedroom furniture for when Mellissa and the kids get here.

Today was another boring day at work.  Just thinking about it makes me tired and I need to get to bed.  Tomorrow morning will come early.

I hope that everyone out there in blog land had a good weekend and will have a better week.

                                                IMG_0086

Good Night to all and thanks for visiting

Susan and Angel      whatsupwithsusanandcompany.blogspot.com/

1 comment: