Sunday, December 4, 2011

Solar Install Postponed

                         DSC00662

One more work week gone, one week closer to fulltiming.  The count down begins!  I’m not sure of the exact date, but I think that it will be in January sometime.  I will have those loose ends to tie up.

Thursday, after work, I dumped the tanks and got everything inside put away for clearing for the slides to come in for moving.   I would be taking “My Spot” in to the dealer to install solar on the roof and also a W/D by 7:00 in the morning.

Friday, I was up early as usual to finish up the last minute things inside and then I started on the outside.  This would be the first time that I would be doing everything by myself.  Well physically by myself.  Ted was in my ear.  I called him just to make sure that I didn’t forget anything and did it all in the right order.    All that I had left to do was plug it into the truck and check my lights etc.  Then I get a call from Harry at Folsom Lake RV to let me know that some of the parts didn’t come in, so they couldn’t do the install.  Evidently he had left a couple of messages on my phone to call him, but my phone was on vibrate and I didn’t get them.  I could have brought it in to install the W/D, but decided  to wait and have it all done on the same day.  Of course he was apologetic and will get the parts where ever he can, even if they cost more, still at the same quote.  I told Harry that it’s not like I have to have it right away,so that I will have time to learn how to live with solar and if anything has to be adjusted I will still be around to adjust or fix as needed.  He made some calls and the parts will be in, half on Wednesday and the other half on Thursday.  The new install date is the 12th.  I also have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor that afternoon and a Christmas party in the evening.  The install will take a full workday, so it will be a very busy day.

Anyway, after I got the call, I just reversed the process and put the jacks down and re-leveled the rig.  Some people would get frustrated with the postponement, but I look at it as practice.  Now I know that I can do it by myself.  The confidence just got a little bit stronger.

Later I went out to do a bit of shopping and stopped by FLRV to talk to Harry.  I had some problems getting the rig ready, one was unhooking the water.  I just unhooked it from the faucet and rolled it into the compartment where the hookups are.  I think I figured out how to make that easier.  I just got a quick connect “thingy” from Home Depot.  The other thing that I have a problem with is cranking the TV antenna down because of where it is located and I have a problem with my shoulder, so I had Harry order another type of antenna that doesn’t need to go up or down. 

Saturday, I didn’t do too much, didn’t even go outside.  I steam mopped the floors, gathered up all the laundry (I still haven’t done it) and started to catch up on reading all the blogs that I follow.

Sunday, after church, I did the same and later went back to church for the evening Advent Service.  That’s about how my weekend went.  I hope that you all are having a great weekend.

Thanks for visiting

                                 IMG_0377

Susan and Angel     http://whatsupwithsusanandcompany.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. Nice picture of you in front of the rig with Angel! Hey, all that practice will help in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a couple of those quick connect things, but they didn't work for me. Maybe they have improved them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad your installs were cancelled, but like you said, you have time. You have a good attitude. What kind of antenna doesn't need to be raised and lowered? I haven't heard of that one. It sounds like you're getting all ready, soon you'll have everything done and be on your way.

    Pats to Angel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you and Angel again. With all that practice, you should have no problem getting ready when the parts are all in.

    ReplyDelete