Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Festival Is Over ////// Happy Thanksgiving

                             IMG_0372

The Pecan Festival started early.  Friday I didn’t work, but setup my table up in the Club House.  I had to start at 9:00 am Saturday.  From then on the day just flew by.  Between selling my cards and painting a few faces, I was kept busy.  Although I did take some time to check out some of the other vendors, and spent half of what I made on some things from the ladies from the church that I attend. 

     IMG_0380  IMG_0384  IMG_0381

                  The last one is for Sandi, as she has this thing about Coffee.

                        IMG_0383  IMG_0382

                  The bottom two are of the same thing, 2nd one is shown open.

There were some other things that other vendors offered, that were really neat, however I really didn’t need “Barefoot Sandals” or any “Boot Bling”.  (They were cool though.)   One of the vendors did some amazing “Wood Sculptures”.    (No Pics)

                                  IMG_0368

Since this was the first Pecan Festival, there were near a dozen vendors, a bake sale, pecan cooking contest, and a kid’s area.  There were kids looking for a clock and a pecan pie and I finally realized that they were wanting pictures for the Scavenger Hunt.  They were having a good time, 

                              IMG_0377

       There was a Bounce Castle and a Put Put contest  (in the background)

                               IMG_0370        

                   IMG_0378 IMG_0379                         

In between sales and face painting, I was able to get some painting done.  One was in acrylic and the other is in watercolor, neither one is finished yet.

By 4:00 pm people began packing up.  There would be a bonfire and a concert by Clifton Jansky at 5:00 until 8:00 pm with dancing too.  Those that stayed had a really good time.  I certainly enjoyed it.  (again no pics)   All in all, I think that it was a success and that they will do it again next year. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This week I have been getting things ready for a visit from my daughter, Sandi and grandchildren, Mary and Charlie.  I started cleaning from one end to the other.  I will periodically get out the steam cleaner to sanitize every thing.  The steam mop works great, however my hand held steamer wouldn’t produce steam.  I called the manufacturer to try to troubleshoot the problem.  It is just a couple of days out of warrantee, but they will still replace it and are sending a return label for me to send back the defective unit.  I will just have to do the normal cleaning routine until I get the new unit.   

Sandi and the kids left Fort Worth a little after 6:00 this evening.  So now I wait. They should be here around 10 or 11 tonight,  In the meantime I am watching “ My Life As A Turkey”,  very interesting!   Then after that there is another interesting program on NOVA about what, how and why we eat the things we do and what happens when we do including using all of our senses, very educational.

Just heard from Sandi, they’re almost here, so I will close this post and wish you all a     HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0230 Hey Mom, you did get this one pic of the bonfire

Susan and Angel

5 comments:

  1. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I'll email you when we are in San Antonio. We're staying there 12/1 and 12/2 for only 2 nights, but want to do Riverwalk the one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you had a good time and that the Festival was a success. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun Festival, and glad it was a success. Have a happy Thanksgiving with your daughter and grands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! It sounds like the first festival was fun, and I'm sure it will grow each year.

    I love the photo of Angel looking at the fire pit. So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete