Saturday, November 10, 2012

Where Does The Time Go? More Paintings

 

It’s already Saturday.  I really haven’t gone anywhere noteworthy.  Although  I did find a new Optometrist in San Marcos for my annual eye exam.  Last week is when I made the appointment and had them send for my records from my doctor in  California.  When I went in for my appointment, I asked if they had gotten my records and the comment was “yes, all 22 pages.”  Wow, I didn’t realize that I had been going there that long.  There wasn’t much change, although I need to keep track of the growth of cataracts.  I will have to go back for trial contacts and then order new ones.

I finally received the package that my son sent to the CG in West, TX.  It is an internet radio. for my truck, except that it is the home unit and I will have to get the vehicle kit.  At least it is set up at home for now.   While at the Post Office, I got a P.O.Box, because I am at Leisure Resort and I reside there, it didn’t cost anything except $6.00 for the key.  COOL!

I’m finally beginning to learn the computer, one step at a time.  There is so much to learn, regarding check ins and reservations.  Sheila wants to train me herself, but she is so busy that it is hard to focus for any length of time.  The way that I learn is by actually doing, but as people check in, they have been on the road and want to get settled in as soon as possible.  So she does it.  I will be back in again today, so maybe we can walk through the process together.    We are now preparing for the Pecan Festival on Saturday the 17th,  That’s next Saturday!   I will have a table set up for my art work and will also do face painting.  I may even do an actual painting too.

                          This week I was able to get some painting done.

                              IMG_0361

                                        The teasing Roadrunner

                               IMG_0362

                                        The “Peeping” Roadrunner

                                IMG_0363

                                The San Marcos River at Leisure Resort

Time to get ready for work.  enjoy your day.

Thanks for visiting

DSC00609

Susan and Angel

4 comments:

  1. Especially like your roadrunner paintings... I think you captured the spirit of the bird! Don't know how much your cataracts have progressed, but you'll be surprised at your change in vision once they are removed... especially colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paintings, the more you do the better they get. Love you, Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you're getting some painting done! Good job. Love 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are finding plenty to do in your off time. It is a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete