Monday, March 9, 2015

Back At Grant


Let me preface this by saying I have been here since late Monday and today is Friday.  I don’t have internet yet, nor cell phone service.  It is scheduled to be installed on Monday, the 9th.

What should have been about a two hour move turned out to be nearly a two day move.  Ted and his girlfriend, Leslie came down Saturday night.  I met them for dinner to celebrate Ted’s birthday.  They came back to the MH and we all went to bed.  I had to be out of the park by 11:00 am.  I had already had Amerigas remove the propane tank on Friday, so I didn’t have to worry about that.  I had already done most of the preperation for moving, so it was only all the last minute stuff to do.  We were on the road by 10:30.  We only needed to stop and top off my propane tank and get gas in San Jose, before heading up to the park.  But , oh no, that didn’t happen.  Ted was experiencing a problem with the brakes and the ABS light came on along with both the brake and emergency brake lights.  None were engaged.  Since it was Sunday, we weren’t able to get any help and since he could still drive, we headed down to San Martin to the Camping World and spent the night.  So early Monday morning we had them look at it and was told that we would have to go somewhere else.  To make a long story short and a few stops later we ended up back in San Jose near where we started at Leales’s RV Repair.  It ended up that there was a recall for that issue and all four calipers had to be redone, however, anything else that was affected was considered maintenance and I had to pay for.  Thankfully, Ted came to my rescue once again, until I get my next check.  Thank You Ted. 

Tuesday was spent getting my site all set up. I put out the rugs and chairs and all the stuff that makes it look like home.  This time I decided to put my canopy up in front of the MH.  That’s where I park the cart that I’ll use.  I actually started work on Wednesday, cleaning the restrooms.  After all the paperwork was done, Ranger Theresa brought me the cart.  Now I can do all my work. 


There has been a change in staff since I was here last summer.  Angel is still in the office and we have a new Senior Ranger, Brian.  In Maintenance, Bruce is still Senior, Jeremy and Ruben have moved to different parks and we now have Peter and Jesse.  Ranger Lisa is still here and so far the only new Ranger that I haven’t met is Ryan.  Looks like it will be a great team again.  Even my Angel is excited to go back to work.

There haven’t been too many campers yet, just a few.  There will be more this weekend, but there are many sites available. 

It is really green here, a big difference from the brown that it becomes in the summer.  I’ve already seen the pigs and all the damage they caused in the campgrounds,  The ground is all torn up from their rooting.  There’s the turkeys and geese and deer. At night I can hear the coyotes and owls.


IMG_3680 IMG_3688

There was even a very talkative Magpie and the ever present squirrels.

IMG_3692 IMG_3697

It is good to be back to work.  Maybe I will be able to get pictures of the wild flowers.  They were mostly gone by the time I got here last year.

Thanks for visiting 

IMG_1179Time for bed.

Susan and Angel

finally posted Monday 3-9-2015


  1. Glad you got settled in. You were very close to us when you were at Camping World. Got busy weeks coming up with some family coming in, but we'll be in touch to get together.

  2. Amazing how often something goes wrong when you get ready to move on. Glad you got everything fixed and are safely back at your summer home.

  3. Sorry to hear you had RV trouble, just when you didn't need it, huh? It looks like you settle in very quickly and I hope all goes well.