Sunday, January 22, 2017

More Rain, More Paintings And Surgery

                            IMG_2598 

                    Sure looks like a river, but it is actually trail. 

The rains and the winds come and go.  Fortunately there are a few days in between storms where the water can drain away from the campground.  For the most part we are staying dry.

                     IMG_2612

                Just sharing a picture of a couple of my neighbors.

With all the rain, there isn’t much to do except watching TV or working on my painting.  Below are some of the latest watercolors. 

                             IMG_2618 

This is the view out of the front window of my MH.  If you look close, there are three deer in the meadow.

                               IMG_2617

These guys were on the side of the road and I had to stop to take pictures.  The deer in the park are so used to people that I was able get pictures as a resource. They were only about 20 feet away.

                                    IMG_2620 

           This is the campground parking lot.  My MH is to the left of this view.

                                    IMG_2619

In our watercolor class there is always a small still life to paint if you aren’t working on something else.  This is one of them.  Those are supposed to be pomegranates.

 

As most of you know, three + years ago, I fell and broke left arm and they had to put a titanium rod in the bone to connect the ball to the shaft.  Even after my arm healed , I experienced pain and have tried to get the doctor to remove it.  It has finally happened. Yea!  This is what was in my arm.  The rod is 10” long.

                               IMG_2616

No wonder it bothered me.  Now I just have to heal from the surgery.  I was fortunate that my son, Ted was able to take the day off to take me to the hospital and get me settled in at home.  Surgery was scheduled for 3:00PM and of course it got pushed back because of previous surgeries earlier in the day and it didn’t get started until 6:00PM.  It was out patient surgery, so I didn’t get home until 11:00PM.  Whenever you have to have surgery, try to be scheduled as first in the morning.

I will probably take a couple of weeks to recover from the surgery and of course I will have to build up my strength to get back to where I was three years ago.

I hope that you all are staying warm and dry and are having a great 2017.

Thanks for visiting

IMG_2575

Susan and Angel

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got them to take it out! Amazing surgeries like that can have you out of the hospital so quickly. We're getting sick of the rain down here too. Looks like a warm-up coming end of the week, yay!

    ReplyDelete