Tuesday, May 2, 2017

I’m Back

Has it been over 4 months since my last post?  No excuses, just been busy camp hosting at China Camp in San Rafael CA and taking watercolor painting classes.  Every day seemed to be a repeat of the previous. 

I have moved on to Flagstaff AZ.  My next gig is with the Coconino National Forest for the summer.  We left China Camp in San Rafael CA early Thursday morning, stopped in Kingman AZ to get some sleep.  We were so tired, we even slept through all the trains that went by a few hundred feet away.  We arrived in Flagstaff AZ Friday morning.

I had to meet with   Brian who took us to the site I was assigned.  After recovering from the “earthquake mode” we put “My Spot II” back together and got everything hooked up except the water which wasn’t turned on because of freezing nights.  I even got all the table and chairs out.  About and hour or so later, Brian returned and gave us a tour of the facility.  Tomorrow I will be meeting with Paul to find out what my duties and schedule will be .

The trip was quite tiring, so we went to bed early as we were going down to Phoenix, first to meet with my youngest daughter and her kids for breakfast. We had a great visit. We then headed to Sky Harbor. I dropped Ted off to pick up a rental car.  I then continued on to my oldest daughter’s house.  Ted got there about a half an hour later.  When I got there I was surprised to find my number 2 daughter, Sandra, who lives in Ft. Worth.  Everyone wanted to give me an early Mother’s Day present.  When Mellissa got there on Sunday, it was the first time that all four of my kids were together in 17 years.  Great surprise! Great gift!

I left Sunday to get back to Flagstaff.  Both Ted and Sandra stayed until today (Monday) to fly home.

There is more, but for some reason I wasn’t able to insert pictures, so when I’m able, I will expand on the trip and I’ll be able to tell more of what I will be doing.

In the meantime,

Thanks for visiting,

Susan and Angel

3 comments:

  1. I think you will be in a good place for the summer - not too hot! My 4 kids were all together about 2 weeks ago and it was heavenly. They still argue like they were little kids, but it's mostly talk now. Loved having all the grandchildren (9) together as well.

    I look forward to seeing photos of your campground and the surrounding area. I like that area although have never spent much time there. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see a post from you. I would think you'll have a beautiful summer up in the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, didn't know you'd move on from CA! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete