Saturday, August 18, 2018

New Location Samuel P Taylor State Park

I am finally at Samuel P Taylor State Park.  I was supposed to be here in mid July.  However, I have had problems with my Motorhome.  It wouldn’t start!  I was working with a mobile repair man.  What a big mistake!  He was able to get it started, but it couldn’t be driven.  It just wouldn’t run.  I spent more time waiting for him than he was there to do any work.  Fortunately I remembered that I had roadside assistance for towing and had an extended warranty on the MH.  After so much frustration, I made alternate arrangements.  So on Monday the August 6th, I had Diego Brothers’ Truck Repair come to get it at China Camp State Park.  While they had it I stayed at my son’s apartment in San Francisco.  Thank you, Ted and Mark (his roommate) for your hospitality.I was there for 3 nights.  After Ted was done at work on Thursday, he drove the MH to the park and helped me set it up, connecting all the hookups and leveling.  Thank you Ted you are a great help.

While I was in the city, I drove around a little to see what I could see and of course Angel had to see the sights too.  I was able to do a little bit of painting during the day.  It was fun to go places I haven’t been.

First one is the Golden Gate Bridge from Fort Miley near Land’s End, the second one was of Alcatraz from just outside of the Warming Hut at Crissy Field.

IMG_4122   IMG_4168

I have also been purging in the processing of downsizing. I even have purged some of Angel’s things.  She won’t miss her fencing or her wire crate

IMG_4098  IMG_4094

That stack of stuff on the right is just the beginning. So much more has followed to the thrift store and community center as donations.

Before I left China Camp I met a fellow RVer through RVillage.  She was house sitting for some friends in San Rafael. Below is the view from where she parked her rig;

IMG_4099

She has a Class B RV.  It is what I want to downsize to.  Thank you, Joannie for the tour and friendship.  Hopefully we will be able to meet again soon.

Now that I am not at China Camp, my granddaughter is living in her van fulltime.  She really likes it.  It saves her a lot of money.  Every now and again she will come out to visit Angel and me.  This park is really beautiful.  I’m located close to the creek.

 IMG_4162  IMG_4138 

Below… near the picnic/day use area  and Jeanette posing on a HUGE Redwood  stump.

IMG_4136  IMG_4156

On one of my days off I took a ride out to Tomales Bay State Park and the Point Reyes Lighthouse.  There is a sandy beach at the State Park even if it is a long drive to reach it.  It was an even longer drive to the lighthouse and very boring. When I got there it was closed (which I knew about). I was hoping I could at least take some pictures, but it was way too foggy.

IMG_4141  IMG_4148


This deer was one of several that I spotted near the road near the coast. On the road to and from the lighthouse goes right through some dairy ranches with lots of cattle.

I took some time to paint the mini watercolor of My Spot II.


IMG_4165


I guess that gets me sort of caught up to date   I hope that you all are doing fine and having a great summer

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0344 There are so many new smells here.

Susan and Angel

1 comment:

  1. We just got back from an Alaskan cruise. We're still in Greenfield, CA for now, working at the same RV park. Love it!

    ReplyDelete