Monday, February 7, 2011

Church, Checkup and More Research

 

First, I want to thank MargieAnne For her kind comment.  I just read your blog and will have to go back to read more. 

                                                     ************

                                           Samantha and Gilbert

Sunday I picked up Sam and Gilbert for church.  Gilbert is such a sweetie.  He knows that I usually have treats in the car or in my pocket, so he checks me out.  He is well behaved and only gets one if mom says it’s okay.  I will usually pick them up when Kyle isn’t able to, or when we have choir practice.

                                              *****************

After church I went home to pick up Angel.  It was so nice out  (in the 70s)  that I didn’t want to stay home and do stuff that I should be doing, so I went to feed the car and took a ride out to Village RV (part of Camping World) to see what they had.  I checked out a few Class As and of course some some 5vers too.  Oh how I wish that it was time to begin the  process of creating the short list.  At least I am sure of what I am looking for in an RV.  On the way home I checked out Twilight RV Park to see if there were any openings and how much their monthly rates were.  I stopped  and spoke to a resident.  He has been there for a month or so with his wife and son who they home school.  He likes it and says it is quiet.  (with everything it’s a bit over $600.00)   Then I stopped at Folsom Lake RV to check out what they had.  One of the sales reps  showed me several 5vers even though they were having a Super Bowl party.  Of course the ones that I like are out of reach for me, but who knows, I may find a used one with all the bells and whistles, all in the budget.  I finally went home when sun started to set and it was getting cooler.

                                                *********************

Today I took off the whole day because I had my annual check up for my surgery. I was there for less than an hour and took the rest of the day for more research.  Angel and I checked out the KOA in West Sacramento and spoke to a couple of people there.  One was an employee.  He started as a workamper and said that they do have openings occasionally for 20 hours a week.  The other person was a woman who has been there since June.  Her husband works for PG&E and gets transferred often.  She likes it there too.  I checked out another park on the way home, Bamboo RV/Mobile Home Park. (everything included for $440.00)  I wasn’t impressed. You get what you pay for.  I checked out one more closer to home,  I talked to a resident there who has been RVing full time for several years, but had to get off the road for now because he couldn’t sublet his mobile home or sell it.  I guess we all have to do whatever we have to do. 

                                             **********************

I’m home now and have been catching up on what’s going on out in Blogland.  Hopefully you have all had a good weekend and are keeping warm and dry.  Take care.

                                 DSCF0019

And thanks for visiting

Susan and Angel            http://whatsupwithsusanandcompany.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan, Sounds as though you are having fun with the research that you're doing. We are thinking of staying in our RV longer-term so John is starting to think about a motorhome. We now have a 5th wheel. Have fun! Take care...

    ReplyDelete