Monday, August 27, 2012

A Little Of This And A Little Of That

                              IMG_0038

                                                 old awning

I can’t believe that it is almost here.  I will be hooking up and out of here one week from tomorrow, Tuesday September 4th.  The plan is to be out of here before it gets hot and then go back through Carrizo Springs and then east on Hwy. 85 to I 35, then north to and through San Antonio.   My destination is Camping World in New Braunfels where I will be having a new automatic awning with wind sensor installed.  It is scheduled for September 5th, hopefully in the morning. It is supposed to be a 3 hour job.  Once that is done I will most likely be able to enjoy more time outside. 

I have been putting off any major cleaning until I have moved.  It makes no sense to do it and then have to do it all over again a week later.  I take off my shoes (sandals) as soon as I come inside, so that I don’t track dirt in on the rugs. I think that I must slip the sandals on at least 40 time a day. I just sweep and get the top layer of fine dust.  That dust is just in the air for me to breath and settle on everything.  I believe that that is the best thing about leaving here, no more fine dust on everything.  Just a little while ago a huge white dust devil, at least 8’ high went straight down the road in front of the rig and the dissipated when it finally went through the brush about 50 yards away.  I’m glad I wasn’t outside then. 

Gate update…….. The traffic has slowed considerably.  I believe they have finished their installation and are getting everything online and all the loose ends tied up.  I may not be going up and down the stairs as many times, but I still get my excersize. I now have to open and close the double gate each time a vehicle comes in or out between 7:00 pm and 7:00 am.  It seems that most of the tankers are coming in the evening and overnight, so I have been trying to get in a long nap in the afternoon.  I have been sleeping in my Lazy Boy recliner for the last 4 months.  It works a lot better when I have to get up in the middle of the night so many times.  Fortunately, it is extremely comfortable, but it will be nice to sleep in my bed again. 

                               100_2363

One thing that I will miss is the antics of the Roadrunners that come to visit.  I’m not sure if Angel will miss them  or not.  We will just have to see what there is where we will be going.    I guess that Evelyn, my sister will be making one more trip with my mail and a few groceries before I leave.  It will have been 3 weeks since her last visit and that’s stretching it for me as far as replacing some of the perishables that I usually use.  I still have enough of other stuff, so I’m not in any danger of starving.  lol   I really need to use what I have to lighten the load,  After being here out in the boonies, I have really begun to figure out what I really need and what I should just use up and not replace.  I’m sure that I will continue to find more and more of what I really don’t need and will get rid of more and more STUFF. 

Still working on getting new batteries for the truck.  Hopefully that will be taken care by the end of the week.

Internet has been “iffy'’ all weekend, so I haven’t been able to keep up on reading blogs.  It just takes too long to download, especially when there are pictures and I get frustrated and give up.  At least, where I’m going I will have internet.  I will definitely catch up then.

There just is nothing new going on here, just biding my time.

Thanks for visiting

100_2377I told you that you were too close.

Susan and Angel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,
    We will be back in San Antonio around Sept. 2. If you still want someone to go walking on the River Walk with you, let me know.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete