Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Life Continues, and Camping World Experience

       Family having breakfast and/or lunch after church when I went to Ft. Worth.
After Sandi and Charlie left, it was back to my “normal” schedule, doing nothing in particular, maybe a bit of shopping and rearranging things, trying to get more organized.  One evening later in the week, Terri, another Workamper, came over for a visit.  We polished off a bottle of Riesling and talked about art, what’s going on at the park, where I will be going to and my situation with the repairs to my 5ver. 
It has been 6 weeks since I was at Camping World to start the repairs.  I thought that the parts should only take two to three weeks to get there.  I am usually very patient and can understand that the Service advisor had to satisfy Uncle Sam with having to be gone to do his duty, and I appreciate that and his service.  He was gone for three weeks, however, that shouldn’t have anything to do with my repair work.  Every week or so I would call for the status on the parts.  You would think that there would have been some one to handle his workload, but I had spoken with several advisors and they all seemed to not know, but “ I’ll check on that and call you back” is what I would get.  I think that only one person called me back, but needed more information from the insurance company.  Now the insurance company had approved the work the first day but just needed pictures and the estimate in order to cut a check.  After five weeks and the frustration building, and I have the checks, I called CW one more time and was put on hold for twenty minutes and hung up.  This time I asked to speak with the Service Manager and got his voicemail that said he would call me by the end of the day.  Not wanting another day to go by, I called him back near the end of the day.  This time he answered and I explained what was going on and he agreed with me that someone should have followed through with Glenn’s work.  He asked if he could call me back in the morning so that he could find out what was going on.  Evidently he, Bill Heinrick, has come from New Hampshire and just took  over the New Braunsfel store three weeks ago,  I imagine that that has had something to do with what’s going on.  He called me in the morning to let me know that the parts were ordered that Thursday,    AMAZING!!      He didn’t know if the the order was processed then or Friday or even on Monday and would let me know first of the week.  I got a call from Bill to let me know that there was a BIG package from Heartland, but he needed to compare the parts list with the contents.  Two hours later he told me that they were all there.     Yea!!!     Something tells me that they had to have been ordered a while back.  But there is NO excuse for the run around that I was getting.  Anyway I am so glad that Bill has taken care of the situation personally.  Because he has done everything that he can to rectify the situation, I am also letting the them do the roof replacement too.  Soooooooo, I am sitting here in my comfortable home getting caught up on my blog hooked up to their power.  It is a good thing that it is cool so that I don’t need my A/C, as they have already put the new roof on, but it has to “cure” before they put all the stuff back on the roof and seal it.  This morning was dark and dreary and the forecast was for rain and thunderstorms.  When I left this morning they would be pulling it inside to do the work and bring it out and set it up so that I can stay in it again tonight. It is outside, but under a roof for some protection from the elements.   Everything should be done by the end of the week.  WOW, it’s amazing how much can be done in so short a time when you put your mind to it.  I expected the roof to take up to a week and a half, but, nope, Bill put two men on it, to get it done faster. The side panels were done while I was gone yesterday.  I can imagine what it must have looked like, with several people working on the sides and top at the same time. 
 IMG_0185  IMG_0186
Yesterday while  the work was being done, I had arranged with Colleen of Traveling with Long Dogs to meet for lunch.  She also invited a couple of other solo women RVers,  We met at the Fork and Spoon in New Braunfels.  We had a delightful lunch.  Colleen does know some interesting people.  Birdie of The Egg and I by Birdie (aka Nancy) just got back from a trip to Alaska and Margareta is from Germany and has traveled all over the world and some of it on a freighter. 
The rest of the afternoon took me to Pet Smart to get Angel’s nails trimmed and ground. and another mission to locate a new coffeemaker, the new “The Scoop” by Hamilton Beach.  I don’t drink much coffee, but do enjoy some instead of tea all the time and didn’t want to get the kind that has the pods.  It seems to me to be too much of a waste.
While checking at Target, I also got a flu shot.  By this time it was time to go back to CW.  After writing yesterday’s blog I took Angel out for her walk and met another solo female Gate Guard.  She did it for 5 months and met her “significant other” while out in the oil fields and they were trading in their 5ver for a new or new to them (I’m not sure which) Infinity.  It’s the one that has the bedroom in the back and a lounge up the stairs.  we visited a while and I got to bed after 11:00 pm.  It was still a good night’s sleep, oh, so much better that the time in the rest area on Sunday night.
I seem to be getting a bit long winded, so I will continue in another post.
Enjoy your week and
Thanks for visiting
IMG_0151good night
Susan and Angel

1 comment:

  1. Look at you with the links embedded in this post! Great job! Love the people we get to meet and/or know better in this post. Looking forward to catching up on the rest of your blog. HugZ!