Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013 ! New Year’s Eve Has Come and Gone

                                IMG_0520

                 The puppies with matching tee shirts. Santa really knows them.

Merry Christmas for us was on Saturday morning.  Sandi and the G-kids got here late Friday night.  They all liked their gifts.    Charlie came to work with me, Sandi and Mary stayed with the puppies in “My Spot'” and Sandi came to the clubhouse later to check out the activities.  I was done by 4:00 and since it was soon dark, we just headed home to spend the rest of the day with each other. It would be early to bed, because we would be going to church in the morning.  

The Chili Cook Off went over well.  I worked in the office for most of the afternoon, although I was able to go over to the clubhouse to taste the different kinds of chili and cornbread,  I thought that the White Chicken Chili was the best, as did the judges.  Yummy, but not too hot.

Sunday, after church we went to Target where Mary found a blouse that she liked and Sandi and I found some things on the Christmas Clearance Isle.  I was finally able to find the last two Harry Potter movies to complete my set.  From there we were off to the outlet mall, where Charlie used some of his gift card money to buy some shoes.  It was so crowded that I dropped him and Sandi off while I tried to find a place to park.  It seemed to take forever, but finally found a spot.  When they were finished, Sandi called to find me and then walked to find me.  We couldn’t get out of there fast enough.  Neither one of us like crowds.  On the way home we stopped at Wal-Mart to get some black-eyed peas and cabbage for Sandi and pickled herring for me, all three for luck in the New Year.  I also got some chicken and vegetables for dinner on New Year’s Day.    

Sandi and Charlie just had to watch football, while Mary and  I watched one the first of the last two HP movies. Mary and I made some Italian Shortbread Cookies trying to stay awake for Midnight and the dropping of the “Ball” in Time’s Square. (a repeat from an hour earlier EST Zone we’re in CST Zone)

The kids and I made it to Midnight and had to wake up Sandi.  We toasted the New Year of 2013 and were soon off to bed and sleep.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013

Sandi has some friends that live in Southeast Austin and we decided to meet them for lunch.  Since we were going that far, I thought that I might go just a bit farther to IKEA in Round Rock to pick up some Lingonberry Jelly (I usually stock up on it when I can).  Sandi’s friends, Jackie and Troy needed to get a table there too. so that’s where we met.  afterwards we had lunch at IHOP.  Before we left, I started our dinner.  I put a variety of potatoes (Purple, Red and Yukon Gold), celery, baby carrots, chicken thighs, mushroom soup, seeded and cleaned jalapeno chili, S & P, bay leaf and a bit of wine into a lined slow cooker turned on low and left heading north to Austin.  When we got back home, we had a great dinner, watched the other HP movie.  Later Sandi and Charlie lit a fire and roasted marshmallows.

This morning they had to leave.  We said our “Good Byes”.  It was a great visit, even though at times it seemed like we had wall to wall people.  We’re not sure when they will be able to visit again, but we were glad that they could be here as long as they were.

Tomorrow it will be back to my “current normal”. workamping.  I will be inquiring about another gate guarding position for this Spring to increase my savings, but that probably won’t happen for a couple of months.

So, Friends, Here’s to a wonderful safe, healthy and prosperous 2013 for you and yours.

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0511 Hey, Pippa, what did Santa bring?  Cookies?

                                                                                   YUMMMMY !!!

Susan and Angel

7 comments:

  1. Hi, my night owl friend.

    How long will you be in the area?
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking for at least a couple more months.

      Delete
    2. Oh, good. It sounded like you weren't going to be here much longer.

      Delete
  2. I love the picture of the pups devouring their Christmas presents. They are so cute. Sounds like you had a wonderful time over the holidays. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time to me :) We're glad the holidays are over, back to some sort of normal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom... we had a great time... even though the kids kinda got on my nerves lol

    ReplyDelete