Thursday, January 31, 2013

Where Does The Time Go ?

It’s hard to believe that it has been a week since my last post. 

 IMG_0414 On my way home from work.  My rig is to the right of the palm tree on the right side of the moon.

Every day I get up and go to work at 5:00 am, yes every day, but it isn’t as bad as it sounds.  I’m usually up that early anyway and it doesn’t take long to do the work.  The rest of the day is mine.  Most of the time I get home and if I haven’t eaten, I fix breakfast, then watch the news or read, or maybe take a nap.   I’m usually in bed by 10:00 pm.

      IMG_0416  IMG_0417

One day last week, while I was out, I found a youth group that was having a fund raiser, Car Wash.  Since my truck really was dirty and at the park, they only allow you to wash vehicles on Thursday,  I just decided to give them a donation and have the kids do it.  They did a really good job and even did the inside windows too.

                              IMG_0418

                                            All bright and shiny!

Earlier in the week I was invited to join several Pleasant Valley Resort (PVR) residents for  lunch at Peter Piper Pizza.  There were about a dozen or more that showed up and I was introduced to several people, but I’m sure that I won’t remember all there names.

I just finished the next to last book in Jean Auel’s Clan of the Cave Bears series, Shelters of Stone.  Even though reading tends to put me to sleep, it took less than a week to finish.  In between reading, I was checking out things to do around the area and in the park.  There’s quite a bit to do here at the park to keep you busy.  There are a few things that interest me, but most of the residents here are French Canadians, about 95%, Although many speak English, I still feel a bit on the outside when they participate in things and are speaking French. 

                                  IMG_0421

Even the at the Jams, they sing it’s in French.  I thought about taking beginning Guitar, but I think I will hold off on that until another time.

I was going to go to water aerobics yesterday and today, but it was still a bit chilly.  Instead, today, I checked out the ladies that are doing sewing projects and see if there was anyone that knew anything about Swedish Weaving.  Tuesday I checked that group out and decided that it would be something to learn.  Yesterday I went in to McAllen on a quest to get the Monk’s Cloth, needles and yarn.  Here’s what I came home with.

IMG_0542    IMG_0543

While visiting with the sewing ladies, I worked on the fringe on the monk cloth.  I ‘m not sure what pattern I will use.  I would like to find a Celtic Knot pattern or I may have to make one of my own.

                              IMG_0544

One day last week I checked out an Open House at Bentsen Palm Resort where Carol of were moving on works, but was unable to connect up with her.  Oh, Well, maybe another day.   One of these days I want to get over to the Bentsen Palm Birding Center that is nearby the park that she’s at.  I would like to get some pictures of different birds, flowers and maybe butterflies.

I have been having issues with my laptop lately.  It seems to take forever for it to load everything, so I have asked around here in the park to see if there was anyone that might be able to help.  I need to get started on printing sublimation ink transfers for a way to make a bit of $$$ to supplement my income.  One of my neighbors came over to help.  He thinks that it may have something to do with Live Writer.   (I hope that that is not the case.)  He had to leave, but will try to figure it out later.  I think that I have a couple of programs that are running that I thought weren’t, are running.  Now I have to relearn them to start working on some projects that I put on hold.

It has been a somewhat busy week and Angel is taking it in stride.  I hope that you are all doing well and having a good week.  Good night all. (or is it Y’all?)

IMG_0422

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0411  I’m going to miss Martha.

Susan and Angel

9 comments:

  1. I finally have an internet connection so I can catch up with you. Had no idea you were in the RGV. Good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound much better than when we talked. Looks like you are beginning to find things to do. Sounds like you have an interesting new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed you! We'll catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I missed you! We'll catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sunset photo toward the end is gorgeous.

    I'm glad you've got a job that is easy and allow you plenty of free time (unlike a certain other job we've both had).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the French-Canadian music. We heard a lot of it in Louisiana. Good to have a project to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda and I really like the Cave Bear series and have reread them a few times. It seems like you always pick up new bits of information each time you read the books.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are doing good. Have you ever thought about studying another language? You are doing so many things and always looking for more to do. Learning another language would add so much more.When Mike's mom was alive I got some tapes at the library to learn the Chec? language. We had a good time she wanted to brush up on the language because she was planing a trip to Europe and the town she lived in. Anyway it was fun learning another language. You would have alot of people there to help you. LU Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are doing good. Have you ever thought about studying another language? You are doing so many things and always looking for more to do. Learning another language would add so much more.When Mike's mom was alive I got some tapes at the library to learn the Chec? language. We had a good time she wanted to brush up on the language because she was planing a trip to Europe and the town she lived in. Anyway it was fun learning another language. You would have alot of people there to help you. LU Evelyn

    ReplyDelete