Thursday, October 28, 2010

BOO at the ZOO

Well today was the day for our team at work to volunteer at the Sacramento Zoo. We were expecting it to rain, but fortunately it wa clear and very mild. I think I even got a little bit too much sun. There were three tables set up for pumpkin carving. I don't know how many we all did, but I know how many I did, four very large ones. There were at least thirteen of us. There were the pumpkins, spiders and webs, floating ghosts and the graveyard. We all got a lot done in about six hours. I took a bunch of pictures, but I haven't figured out to how to transfer them from my camera to my Ipad.

That is one thing that I miss about my laptop, being able to manipulate pictures. I haven't been able to make prints of my watercolors either, but I digress.

The rest of the week at work was really busy, so busy that we didn't have much time to decorate for Halloween. At work if is a really big deal, with contests, games, food and BOO Bucks. The bucks are hidden all over the center. When you find them you enter them in a raffle for all kinds of gift card, Tomorrow is when the they do the judging. It is also the day that our CEO gives the "State of the Company" presentation. It is on closed circuit tv, so we get to see everyone else in costume. They also provide Pizza for the whole company. I won't be there because it's my day off, but that's okay with me. I don't get that involved with it, although I help with what ever they ask me to do. This year our team's theme was the Wild West, I helped by drawing Indian images on a canvas teepee.

The only other thing that happened at work is that I hit the magic number (75) on Saturday. (age + years of service) which means that I will be able to retire with some the company paying part of my benefits. Saturday will be my tenth anniversary. During our team meeting yesterday I received a $150.00 credit card. Yea! That will sure come in handy for Christmas.

Tomorrow I should find out about what it will cost to have the yard done and hopefully when we can do it. I'll be glad when it is all done. Time is just flying by. The holidays are almost here and Mellissa and the kids will be here the end of December. I'm beginning to feel a bit of stress, but I will just have to deal with it and keep focused on the "Dream".

Well that should get you all caught up. Now I have to get caught up with all of you.

Thanks for visiting

Susan and Angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment