Saturday, October 16, 2010

Password Compromised, Choir, Yard Estimate

It's already Saturday and I haven't posted.  There is a reason, Tuesday I received emails from several people regarding emails from me that I didn't send.  I was also getting a lot of notifications of undeliverable emails.  Not knowing what that was about, I just stopped using the computer until I could find out what was going on.  Four day work week meant it would be Friday.  I took the laptop to visit the Geek Squad at Best Buy where I have an extended warranty.  Fortunately I only had to change my password.  Hopefully that will work.  While I was there the tech told me about Open Office.  Has anyone out there in blog land used this?  The reason that I want to try it is to use the spreadsheet function (I have never used a spreadsheet on a computer before).  It would come in handy listing all of my art projects and keeping track of sales etc..   He also showed me the I Pad, wow, It hardly weighs anything and does so much.  For a mere 499.00 to 699.00 you too can have one that doesn't need to be near a hot spot to use it.  Wish List!!!!

This past week took forever while I was at work.  Three day work weeks has me spoiled.  Those four days are hard and I am exhausted by Thursday night.  Then this past Thursday night I had our 50th Anniversary choir practice.  Good thing we have sung these before.  There was a lot of yawning going on (me, no one else).  There was a good turnout, even a few that haven't been in the choir before. 

Later on Friday I had someone come out to give me an estimate for getting my yard done.  There are two tree stumps to get out.  In addition to the lemon tree I posted a few days ago, there is a peach tree that came down a couple of years ago (behind Angel).  I want to use pavers and building blocks that I already have, so there may be another patio in the works.  The rest of the yard would be grass with irrigation.  Low maintenance is the goal.

 DSCF0012 DSCF0010 DSCF0013

Maybe a screen of some sort to block off the yard next door?  This is a big yard for a mobile home park.  It is too much for me, but it will be fine for Mellissa and the kids.

After watering, trimming and cleaning out dead leaves and spent flowers from the morning glory,  Angel and I went to visit Linda and her dog Lacey, she is going to give some of the extra paints that I have to her students for me.

Since I've been working on my cards, the purging has taken a back seat.  I need to get back to concentrating on that soon.  The spare bedroom has to be cleaned out for the kids when they come and for Ted for now when comes to help do what ever needs to be done.  There's no end to the "honey do" list.  I really appreciate it when he can come all the way from San Francisco to help even though he works sometimes 60+ hours.  He will be here next weekend for the Church Anniversary.

That's about all that has happened this week, just mundane stuff, but that's what most prep work is, dull and boring.  I can take that as long as I know that the new lifestyle is in the foreseeable future.

Hope everyone out there is having a wonderful weekend. 

Thanks for visiting

Susan and Angel        http://whatsupwithsusanandcompany.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment