Saturday, November 6, 2010

Another Week is Gone

Here it is Saturday again.  There just isn't enough time to do all the things that need to be done.  I haven't even taken any pictures lately.  After I got the laptop home I couldn't get  the printers connected and had to wait until Ted could help.  By late Friday night, I'm not sure what he did, but he worked his magic and finally got both of them online.  He also got me hooked up to Skype, although I don't know how to use it.  Another lesson is needed.

Today Angel and I went in search of a frame for a portrait of my great grandson Carter,so that I can include it in a Christmas package to Hawaii. 


Angel sure likes to shop.  We went into several stores and finally found one.  We also got gas and I had to go into Sam's Club alone to get frozen fruit for my protein shakes.  They don't allow dogs even in the carrier.   When I got home I wrapped the presents.  Has anyone ever tried to wrap a guitar?  Interesting looking package!   Now I have to put ribbons and bows on and take them to get them shipped.

This whole situation with the computer has been a bit frustrating, having it being repaired in the first place was the beginning.  Then not having internet access for paying bills and all the other stuff that I do online, was why I pushed up the purchase of the IPAD.   Then I tried to download pictures off my camera, so I had to buy the camera connection kit.  I couldn't download pictures off the memory card that I have been using with my laptop since I got it.  Back to Best Buy I went to find out why.


Thanks to Tyler we figured out that the memory card has been corrupted.  It is too costly to restore them onto something else, so I can consider them gone.  I had to buy a new memory card.  Fortunately they are not too expensive, only $14.95.  On the corrupted card are all the pictures from BOO at the Z00 and the Anniversary Dinner, including the one of me presenting the painting to the congregation. The newest glitch is that I will have to take it back in because I can't turn the finger pad off, although if I leave the sound on it beeps to tell me that I touched the pad.  I hope nothing else goes wrong.

Here are a some of the pictures of my work and how they go all out for Halloween.

DSCF0009 DSCF0010 DSCF0005

DSCF0014     DSCF0006 DSCF0007

The last one is the image I painted on the teepee that is next to the cactus in the third picture. 

I don't normally go in to work on my day off, but I wanted to see how everyone decorated and I would be off on Monday when everything has to be back to normal. Halloween has always been a big deal, but this year it seems like not everyone got into it. I think that it is because anything that we did had to be on our own time.  In the past we were able to do a lot of it when it wasn't busy.  In the past couple of years there hasn't been time when it wasn't busy.

As good as this company is to work at, I will be glad when I can start a new adventure out there on the road.  As it gets closer, though, it gets a bit scary.  There is something to be said for a stable work environment.  I really need to concentrate on the preparation to make sure that I can really do this. 

Well it's off to bed.  I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, most likely rain according to the TV weather.  Hope that all of you are having a great weekend.

Thanks for visiting 

Picture0029 Susan and Angel

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about all your computer trouble. They can be so much fun, and a big source of frustration. Hope all get worked out for you.