Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Recipe Request and Chocolates

 

This will be a short post as an answer to Barbara of Me and My Dog.  Many years ago I got a cookbook Make a Mix Cookery .  It contains many recipes for "master" mixes.  This is from that book.

Hot Chocolate Mix

1 (25.6-oz.) box of instant nonfat dry milk (10-2/3 cups)

1 (6-oz.) jar powdered non-dairy creamer

2 cups powdered sugar

1 (16-oz.) can instant chocolate drink mix   (I used the least expensive)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix well. Put in a large airtight container.  Label.  Store in a cool, dry place.  Use within 6 months.  Makes about 17 cups of  Hot Chocolate Mix.

For 1 serving: Add 3 tablespoons Hot Chocolate Mix to 1 cup of hot water.  Stir to dissolve. 

I sometimes use vanilla flavored creamer or add mini marshmallows.  Other times I will put a little bit of vanilla extract in the cup. 

When I had kids still at home, it would last most of the winter.   ENJOY!

The Chocolate part of this post is not above, but it is the SEE's Candy that we get from work.  I will have to give it to someone else so that I don't eat it.

That's it for tonight.

Thanks for visiting

Susan and Angel      http://whatsupwithsusanandcompany.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I will be drinking some hot Chocolate to stay warm. Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete