Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

 

It is actually the end of Black Friday when I finally sat down to post.

Wednesday night, I picked up Samantha and her guide dog Gilbert for church.  It was a little bit different this year in as much as there was no message.  Instead we all shared what we were thankful for.   Then afterwards we had coffee and pie.  The apple slices went over well. 

Ted got in town and spent the night at Steve and Kyle's so that he could get started on dinner.  He and Kyle made pies early.  I was invited over for traditional Lox and Bagel breakfast.  Really good.  They didn't want any help, so I left only to return later for dinner.  

Since I have lost so much weight, my leather coat is way too big and I wanted to find a warm coat.   There have been stores that have been closed in the past on Thanksgiving that were actually open and I found coat that was 50% off.  I really like it because it is warm and is really light weight.

Kyle is a wonderful hostess and loves to entertain.  She and Ted prepared the best dinner.  Ted roasted brussel sprouts, (so far that is my favorite), and there were mashed potatoes, (white and sweet), green bean casserole with caramelized onions, cranberry/orange relish and of course the turkey and stuffing.  It was a wonderful meal with friend and family.  I meant to take picture but forgot and only got one of what was left of the pies and one of their dog Nicki.

DSCF0007          DSCF0022

I have so much to be thankful for, the main thing is that I live in a country that allows me to dream and live a life doing things that I enjoy.     ********   While I am writing this, Angel sits up and gives a little bark, I guess saying pay attention to me, I want to be held.  She looked so cute, so I took out the camera to get a picture and she went to hide in her tent.  *********  Angel is another thing that I am thankful for.  she adds so much more to my life. 

                             DSCF0023 

Tomorrow is another day to catch up on what we did today, on Black Friday.

Until then,    Thanks for visiting

Susan and Angel       http://whatsupwithsusanandcompany.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. That pie on the left really looks tasty! Could you send me a piece? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I wish I could, my son made the apple filling and Kyle made the crust, very flaky. I can post the pumpkin pie recipe if you're interested(very easy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks and sounded wonderful, as do the dogs, look wonderful, that is. Judy can have the pie on the left and I'll go for the pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete