Monday, June 11, 2012

Gotcha! More Pictures!

                          DSC01419

I finally got a picture of that elusive Roadrunner.  It’s not a good one, but proof that he is around.   I was actually talking with Orlando, the company man as he was leaving and there was a wee cottontail right by the gate.  Of course, I didn’t have by camera, and went inside to get it.  The bunny ran in front of his truck, and that’s when I saw the RR.  Maybe, now that he is coming closer, I might get a better picture on an other day.  After Orlando left I went in  search for the bunny and found a pair of them on the other side of the gate.

                           DSC01422

As long as I had the camera in hand,  I took a few more pictures of my sight.

         DSC01423    DSC01424

Walking around the back, there is a cleared area behind my rig used as a little road to park or turn around, so these are from the other side.   Just to give you an idea what my site is like.

  DSC01425      DSC01426

Hwy 468, looking back towards 85    and    turning around, looking towards Cotulla.

Gate update:    Yesterday, the generator stopped and I was sitting in the heat for about 3 or 4 hours until Roger could get here to fix it.  Just stayed inside (not as hot inside as it was outside), fanned myself (at least my wrist got some excersize) and alternated reading and napping.  It wasn’t fun, but I survived.  I used to live in Phoenix and survived 122* in the shade.

It is    Rrrreally sloooooow    today. It’s almost like I am babysitting an inanimate object or an art gallery (been there done that too).  Some one just has to be here, but I’m not complaining.  I’m sure production will pick up soon.

Jamie has been gone for a week now, so I miss his daily visits. I’m not sure when he will be back.  The owner’s son came out a couple of days ago and left the next day.  I guess to check on things for the ranch.

At 6:00 pm, it is 108*, so far, the generator is still working. so I have A/C.  It is cooler in the living area, so I slept in the recliner last night and got about 6 hours.  Nothing else is happening.

Enjoy your day.

Thanks for visiting

DSC00401“Eeuhh! Yucky water!

Susan and Angel

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it's HOT there! Good pic of the roadrunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do roadrunners eat? Maybe you could put out some seed for him and he might come closer for a picture opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe mom JUST 108? That's not bad. But I'm sure you have humidity also. Glad to hear you finally got him in a pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I think I see a painting emerging from that RR photo. ;) 108? No can do. You have an amazing can-do spirit Susan. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete