Friday, July 23, 2010

Blogs, Dreamer Contact, Shopping and a Disappointment

Just one more day closer. Catching up on blogs. Judy (Judy and Emma) wondered if I lived near Gypsy (On the Road Again). I was able to contact Gypsy and we will meet tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting another Dreamer.

I had to replenish my supply of ingredients for my protein shakes, so off to Costco I went. Poor little Angel had to stay home. Later in the day, I did some more shopping and she went with. She really likes to go for rides, even if it's in her crate. I went to Radio Shack because I needed to get a longer cord to attatch the perifreals to my laptop. And of course it is the wrong one, so will have to take it back tomorrow.

When I got home I tried to get Live Writer set up. I downloaded it, but for some reason I'm not able to access it to use it. I have no idea why, hopefully it is something simple. I was hoping that it might be easier to post pictures, still frustrated with posting them on Blogger, can't seem to put them where I want them.

My kids all think that I'm technologically challenged. I know that I am, so I'm surprised that I have evenly been able to do this blog. Some times it is challenging because I really don't do much. Every now and again I get this burst of energy and do something, but it is usually short lived. I really need to do more to get rid of more stuff.

I was a bit disappointed when I got a call from Darrell (from my work). He won't be able to pick up the chairs. I would really like to get them out of my house. Hopefully he can get them Sunday.

I guess that I had better get to bed. Thanks for visiting

Susan and Angel
whatsupwithsusanandcompany.blogspot.com/


6 comments:

  1. Are you using Windows 7? I think I've heard folks say they have compatibility problems with LiveWriter and Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Live Writer too, but from what I can tell (unless I'm missing something!), you have to have Windows 7? I only have XP on my desktop and laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have Windows 7. My son is going to help me later today (I hope he has time) He lives in San Francisco, but can sign into my computer remotely. He is such a big help. Thank you Ted! I really appreciate all the help everyone gives me. I believe that is what families do, immediate or extended. Thank you all. Between us all, we'll get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Windows 7, and Live Writer works well. Once you get it working, I think you'll like the way it handles pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, if you have Windows7 you have to use an older version of Livewriter instead oof the newest version. I had the same problem when I got my new laptop over the winter. I will look up the version that I used and send you a link if you want. my email address is netters.mc@gmail.com. Send me a private email if you would like me to email you the link. We are friends with Gypsy!! When you see her, please tell her that Mac & Lynette say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike uses Live Writer on his computer but it is Windows Vista. I have the Windows 7 and we haven't downloaded either on it yet.
    Susan...I KNOW I'm technologically challenged. We are all learning...I think you are doing really well with your blog. I like it!!!

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete