Friday, July 30, 2010

Shopping,Work around the house

Happy Friday Everyone!

I got out of the house early to do a bit of shopping.  I wanted to get some Jiffy Cake mixes.  The only place that I have found them has been at WINCO.  Now they have discontinued stocking them.  They are really handy to have for a small treat for one or two people.  I would end up eating the “Whole Thing” if I used a regular sized cake mix. So now I’ll have to search for a new resource.  Oh well I really don’t need to have that too often anyway.  When I got home I put an audio book that a neighbor loaned me in the CD player while I worked.

Today, I thought I might tackle washing the living room windows.  I can’t believe how dirty they have become.  I got the insides done and took the screens out so that I could reach the outside, but my arms aren’t long enough to reach the whole window or any part of the other side window.  They’re sliding, double paned and are heavy. I couldn’t lift the one out to get to the other.  It will probably have to wait until my son comes to help.  He comes several times during the year to help me with things around here that he does so much better than I do.  Hopefully we can come up with a plan as to what I need to do to get this place ready to sell next spring.  I sure do hope that the economy turns around even a little bit so that I can be able to get out on the road. 

I have so much to do. Now if I can just stay off the computer,  I might get more stuff done.  But I really like keeping up with my blogger friends.  One thing that I did do is to get the spaghetti bowl of wires contained.  Since my desktop died earlier this year, it has been in the computer armoire. So I unconnected the monitor and speakers. I use my laptop sitting in my Lazyboy recliner, so I think that my son will sell his armoire  since I won’t need it.

I will finish this post and take Angel to Pet Smart to stock up on her treats that she gets when I put her in her crate while I’m gone.

Thanks for visiting

Susan and Angel  whatsupwithsusanandcompany.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Hiya Susan! I bounced here from Gypsy's blog. I also follow Judy on 'Travels with Emma'. I'm planning to hit the road in March of 2012. I'll be following you on your journey. Take care and be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had some air card issues with this heat and have been off line. Sorry!
    Have you looked at Wal-Mart for the Jiffy Cake Mix?? It seems I have seen it at the one in LaGrange. I like it too!
    It's nice your son comes to help you do those chores that are a little harder to reach.

    Take care and have a great weekend!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have checked there. They have the muffin, cornbread and biscuit mixes, but not the cake. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete