Monday, July 5, 2010

Day off of work, catching up on the blog and welcome

Today is a holiday off work. I could easily get used to not going in to a JOB every Monday morning. I know, I know, that time will be here sooner than I can even imagine.

In yesterday's blog I didn't have any plans to celebrate the 4 th. As it turned out, I got together with two Helens from Church. We decided to go somewhere it was cool since it would be close to 100 degrees today. None of us wanted to put up with crowds, so we went to see a movie (Knight and Day) and out for lunch. We shared a large plate of nachos at a Mexican restaurant, just enough to get us through the movie without being tempted to get drinks and popcorn.

We also went to the outlet mall. I was looking for a cherry pitter. Cherries are in season and I wanted to freeze some for my protein shakes. We had to go to two different kitchen stores before I found one.

We all parted company after having an enjoyable afternoon. I had to get home to let Angel out. The rest of the afternoon was spent catching up on reading Dreamer's blogs and a short nap.

Later in the evening we (Angel and I) watched and listened to all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. We could see some of the higher bursts from the community display over the rooftops. (yes, Angel watched too) By then it was after 10pm, much later than my normal bedtime. So off to bed.

Thanks for reading, and welcome to my first two followers, Ted, my son and Mellissa, my daughter.


3 comments:

  1. Susan,
    Thanks for following my blog! I hope you'll enjoy it. Feel free to comment, if you are so inclined. It's a great life out here on the road. I travel solo, except for Emma, is that your intention?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan...welcome to the world of blogging and most importantly the world of full-timing.
    We started full-timing in August 2009 and are just loving the lifestyle. I saw your post on the RV Dreams forum and just had to take a look at your blog. We met Howard and Linda in 2005 when they were in Alabama..just after they started full-timing. They are a great inspiration.
    Looks like you found some great activities to keep you busy on the fourth. Staying cool is the way to go.
    Take care!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome,sooner or later I'll be out there too.

    ReplyDelete