Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Day at the Visitors’ Center

                         DSC00933

I was up at 7:00 am (remember when I had to be at work by 5:00 am--- ha ha )  I rolled on over to the visitors’ center in my “Gator” by 9:00.  Linda was already there.  I started by  counting the money brought in from the Coke machines from all of the locations thru out the park, keeping each one separate , and making out the deposit slips.  Then I filled the bird feeders.   It was kind of chilly this morning, so I decided to buy a hoodie and a wild bird guide.  I put it on my debit card, so I learned how to do that kind of transaction.  Another perk, is that I get a 20% discount in the VC,  The hoodie was already on sale with 20% discount, so I virtually got the the book almost free.  Yea! 

We talked about a lot of things, but we  got to talking about this weekend.  Easter weekend is extremely busy.  Over the radio someone was asking about where the Easter Bunny’s vest  was.  Evidently, here at the park the Easter Bunny comes to visit the kids. The park has the kids sign up for an Easter Basket Drawing, one for a boy and one for a girl.  Linda needed to make a flyer, advertising the drawing , to post all over the park.  I told her that I had a drawing that would work on it, so I rolled back home to find the drawing.  On the way there I spotted a doe and a very little faun.  I had my camera with me, but they were gone before I could get it out, although there was another just standing around just outside the VC, so I was able to get a picture.

                                 DSC00979

I let Angel out while I searched for the drawing.  I couldn’t find it right away, so I brought several of my notebooks with my drawings back to search through.  We finally found it and added a little more to it, colored it and then she printed what she needed.

In between all this we waited on visitors, answered questions and gave directions.

Just before I closed the center I found out that the EB drives around the park in a fire truck and they asked if I could make a poster to put on the truck.  Of course, I said yes.  Chuck brought the poster board over to my site so that I could get them done before tomorrow.

                                   DSC00980

                I did two of each so that they can go on each side of the fire truck.

I fixed a salad for dinner, then worked on the posters.  I was done by 6:00 pm, so I’ll just add 2 more hours on my time sheet.  That’s about it for today, except that I have to put some totes back in the basement before it gets dark.

Hope that you all had a great Thursday, I did.

Thanks for visiting

DSC00907

Susan and Angel

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting into your gig there. Have a great Easter! They aren't making you be the EB are they? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, fortunately, it isn't me. Ken is the EB, a 6' thin EB. Remember, we're in Texas and they grove 'em BIG, even the EB. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember spending a lot of money at the Ft. Pulaski VC. Those places have so much interesting and beautiful things. And you can't beat the discount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fortunate to have such a talented lady such as yourself working there now! Good job...you're getting some good pictures, too. That's a good one of the deer. Angel looks like she needs a nice tummy rub! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really using your great artistic skills, that's so satisfying! Looks like you are fitting right in. I'm so glad you are enjoying being there.

    Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That deer is looking right at you! Wow.

    Chill Angel, chill. ;)

    ReplyDelete