Friday, April 6, 2012

Short Post Tonight -- Tomorrow Will Be Hectic

 

                               IMG_0693

                    This what I woke up to.     Mom let me sleep!

I got up, let her sleep, while I made breakfast.  Then I woke her up and let her out.

I called Chuck, with FOG (Friends of Garner) to let him know that the posters were ready.  He came over to my sight to pick them up, but was delayed because there was an emergency situation on “Old Baldy”.  I have the  Park Radio on all the time just to keep track of what’s going on.  There was a Rescue Team on the way from Uvalde.  Evidently, as I later found out someone had twisted an ankle while hiking.  There are signs out there warning of loose rock and steep trails.  It can be dangerous.

When he left I took a shower and got ready for the day.  I thought that I might drive into Uvalde to pick up a pump for my 3 gallon water bottle.  I would have left then except that I heard on the Radio that there was a Safety meeting at 2;00 pm.  After the meeting I did go into Uvalde, but the water store had already closed, so I just went to Wal Mart for a few items and checked out the location of a few places that I will need to go next week.

                          DSC00990

We were back by 6:00 pm, so I took a drive through the Day Use Area and took some pictures.  There were quite a few camp sites near by that are in use too.  Tomorrow we will be full, most likely before noon.

        DSC00985   DSC00984

        DSC00982   DSC00983

                                  These are all down by the Frio River

         DSC00987   DSC00988

                   These are in the Shady Meadows Area near where I am

On and off all day in between all the above, I finished the novel that I have been reading, “Outlander” and started on the next in the series, “Dragonfly in Amber” I’ve read them all before, but I have forgotten a lot of what’s in them.  Great Series!!

Time for bed, busy day ahead, manning the busy gate, watching for the EB and maybe do some Face Painting at the VC.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Thanks for visiting

IMG_0692

Susan  and  Angel

4 comments:

  1. Gee, is that you out in the middle of the swimmin hole"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afraid not. It's too cold, those kids are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Betty,
    I accidentally deleted you comment. I don't know if it is bravery or what. It 's my first W K job. But the people here are great to work for and with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! I thought at first those trees were waterfalls! LOL. Angel looks so cute all snuggled up in the blanket as well as when she's all buckled up. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete